“We paused, we re-prioritized, we re-grouped, we came together, and we overcame.”
– Tom Zaller, Imagine Exhibitions
As part of our Host Sponsorship of the upcoming IAAPA Virtual Conference, JRA is excited to present “Learning How to Win by Learning How to Lose: Stories of Recovery and Resilience from Around the World.” In this Manufacturer & Supplier Solutions Talks session, industry professionals across various countries, markets, and disciplines will share their thoughts on how COVID-19 has impacted their organizations, their visitors, and themselves. They will also share their hopes for how the attractions industry will eventually reflect on this period of challenge and change. As the panelists discuss their strategies for recovery and resilience, emotions of fear and uncertainty give way to expressions of optimism and opportunity.
Our star-studded line-up of industry experts includes:
• Dieter Cornejo Araujo, Partner, VXT Negocios
• Denise Beckson, Vice President, Morey’s Piers
• Jenefer Brown, EVP and Head of Global Live, Interactive and LBE, LIONSGATE
• Jonathan Casson, Vice President of Business Development, SONY Pictures Entertainment
• Ahmet Colakoglu, CEO for New Openings, The Land of Legends
• Linda Dong, Chairwoman, China Leisure Entertainment
• Barb Granter, General Manager, Gilroy Gardens
• Maria Isabel Garcia, Managing Director and Curator, The Mind Museum
• Journey Gunderson, Executive Director, National Comedy Center
• Anne Jewell, Vice President and Executive Director, Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory
• Karen Kelly, Director of Exhibits and Education, Children’s Museum of Atlanta
• Victoria Lozano, Executive Vice President and General Manager, Crayola Attractions and Retail
• Lim Tit Meng, Chief Executive, Science Centre Singapore
• Mark Pauls, General Manager, Kennywood
• Matt Proulx, Vice President – LBE, Hasbro
• Paul Spana, Exhibit Director, Space Center Houston
• George Wade, President, Bay Laurel Advisors
• Bob Williams, General Manager, Calaway Park
• Tom Zaller, President, Imagine Exhibitions
The session also features JRA team members Kate Batt, Colin Cronin, Christie Gronauer, Wentao Huang, Rick O’Connell, Rebecca Parnell, Tony Schmidt, and Randy Smith. It was produced by Anita Daugherty, JRA Executive Producer, Media, and Dana Everhart, JRA Director of Operations. Editing by Mark Cretcher with Command X.
Special thanks to JRA staff Chloe Hausfeld, Keith James, Shawn McCoy, Clara Rice, and Dan Schultz, as well as IAAPA team members Stacey Mills, Emily Popovich, Megan Saad, and Diane Williams, for their assistance in developing this session.
“If you have purpose, then there is something to look forward to for tomorrow.”
– Maria Isabel Garcia, Managing Director and Curator, The Mind Museum
“We are extremely grateful to our friends, colleagues, and staff for participating in ‘Learning How to Win by Learning How to Lose,’” said Keith James, JRA Owner/CEO. “The participants offered their uncensored reflections of the past twelve months, as well as their (guardedly) optimistic outlooks for the future. We think conference participants will learn from them, and we hope they’ll be inspired by them as well.”
“The title of the session pretty much sums up what we want the audience to walk away with,” said Vice President, Shawn McCoy. “What did these industry professionals learn from the past twelve months? How did the loss and uncertainty of COVID change their ways of doing business? How do they want future generations to reflect on this period of history? And how do they plan to build back better? I was blown away by the participants’ stories of adversity, adaptability, resilience, and hope, and I think the audience will be, too.”
“…the pride, the satisfaction, that we will have with every battle scar, and all the fatigue, we will know that we got through it and we got stronger for it and we’ll have a really great sense of our resiliency.”
– Denise Beckson, Vice President, Morey’s Piers
Join us for “Learning How to Win by Learning How to Lose: Stories of Recovery and Resilience from Around the World” Wednesday, April 7 at 9:55 a.m. EDT. Register today at www.iaapa.org/virtualconference.